08 Jan Why Content Is King: The Importance of Content Writing
The importance of content writing should never be taken for granted. “Content is King” is a phrase that’s well known and used in the world of digital marketing, and for good reason. Content is the reason for the internet’s existence. People are constantly searching for information, looking for answers to their problems, trying to connect with others, and be entertained. This all accomplished with content on the internet.
What Is Content?
In marketing, content is a very loose term, and can describe a number of things, from videos and images to blog posts and social media. It can be used to describe written materials, sales campaigns, TV ads, and more. However, in the digital world, content is basically anything and everything that can be found online.
The Power of Written Content: How Words Influence Consumers
While there has been a recent upward trend in visual marketing, written content still remains incredibly important. Words are our primary means of communication, and the clearest way to convey a message. Furthermore, words have a unique ability to reach our emotions in a powerful manner. They affect our thoughts, invoking feelings of joy, pain, and sorrow, and thereby driving our actions and decision, particularly the way we spend money.
Why Content Writing Is Important in Digital Marketing
Additionally, written content also greatly contributes to the success of a website and online marketing campaigns in various ways. Here are a few:
1. Search engine results: Having content that is relevant and useful is an important factor that contributes to your website’s search engine rankings.
2. Marketing ROI: The type and quality of content you put on your website or include in your email blasts is an important part of what determines your marketing campaign ROI. Good content is content that sells by creating value, establishing urgency, and evoking emotions. Content directly affects conversion rates.
3. Consumer loyalty: Content is the means by which businesses get consumers to feel personally connected and invested. Consumers who read your blogs or emails on a regular basis are more likely to feel loyal to your brand and become repeat buyers.
4. Creates dialogue: By creating content on social media or through a blog, you can create a conversation with potential customers. This allows them to make comments and ask questions that can give you valuable insight into theirs and help you figure out how to direct your marketing.
5. Branding: Content is an important part of branding. With content, you can develop a unique voice and persona for your brand that allows you to rise above competitors and become memorable to a consumer.
Content is extremely powerful. For this reason, it’s important that you approach content writing with a strategy in mind. But that doesn’t mean that you should throw just any content into your emails or on your website. Content that is poorly written can actually do more harm than good in the long run. That’s why many businesses decide to go the safe route and hire a marketing agency, like ours, or a professional copywriter to write content on their behalf.
Benefits of Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency for Content
While some businesses do choose to go the route of writing their content on their own or creating an in-house marketing team, more and more are starting to go the route of hiring a content marketing agency or a full service digital marketing agency that offers content creation.
Not only do you save time by hiring an agency since you don’t have to write it yourself, but often the results are better too. Working with an agency gives you access to entire team of writers with diverse talent and style. Additionally, you don’t have to waste any time, money, or effort on training and managing a team in house.
Let Creatitive Take Care of Your Content Writing Needs
Not sure where to begin with writing content for your emails or website? Let the experts at Creatitive take care of all your content writing needs. We offer everything from creative content writing for emails, print collateral and social media, to fully optimized SEO copywriting for your website and content marketing campaign management. Call us today to schedule your first consultation.