28 Jun What Does Branded Mean: Creating Strong Branding For Small Business
In the age of online transaction, social media, and the internet, opting for an online business comes with several great advantages. It eliminates debilitating factors of locations and limited funding.
There’s no longer a need for you to have enough capital to build your own shop, you can easily build your website! Not only does it cost less, it also reaches far more customers than normal brick-and-mortars could. Your business can easily serve customers from all around the world!
As modern technology continues to break down the barriers of the market, more and more competition has come out to play. While location has been taken out of the picture, business owners are now facing a much more serious challenge; fierce competition.
With thousands of ecommerce businesses present in the market, is there any fool-proof way of standing out? Thankfully, branding exists! Today, Creatitive is here to explain what does branded really mean and what does building a brand mean.
What Does It Mean?
For a large majority of people, they often hear the terms ‘brand’ and ‘branded’ in their everyday life during conversations around clothes or shoes. Some use the word to separate luxury items to normal products, but what does the word really mean?
When something is branded, whether it be a product, a company, or a person, it means that it has a distinct brand identity. It has built a personality for itself with both intangible and tangible elements such as voice, architecture, image, name, messaging, and persona.
How does this help ecommerce business stand out? Building a strong brand image helps them stand out in the consumer’s mind. Using the attributes we’ve mentioned earlier, a positive brand image develops over time — just look at how most people attribute Nike to sportswear and Coca Cola to drinks.
With the help of a visual identity, your business will be able to set itself apart from its competition. A good brand strategy builds trust, credibility and strong relationships between the company and its audiences.
But what does a brand image mean? Is it the logo and the color scheme of a company? Not really. Your brand image is how customers view you based on their experience and other interactions. Companies mix both of their respective strategies and marketing strategies to develop a positive branding.
Why is Branding Important
Here are a few reasons
- Gets consumers emotionally connected to your products – People are more likely to make a purchase when they feel emotionally connected to a product. It can help you create an emotional tie with a consumer and increase your business profits.
- Creates buyer loyalty – It is essentially a promise to your customer. People feel that a promise is fulfilled by your products/services, they trust your company and become loyal to it. Therefore, they are more likely to refer you to others and make repeat purchases.
- Establishes credibility – People want to feel that the dollars they’re spending are well invested. Having a strong brand establishes your company as being a leader in your industry and makes your business look more trustworthy.
- Creates familiarity and improves recognition – It gives buyers a visual way to remember your business.
- Increases website’s conversion rate – By establishing credibility, creating an emotional connection, and creating long term loyalty, it helps improve a website’s performance and increase conversion rates.
Need Help Branding or Figuring Out What Does Branding Mean?
Let the experts at Creatitive go to work to create a powerful brand for your online store. Complete the contact form on our website to get started!