13 Nov Marketing Tips & Trends: Blog Posts Are Back on the Rise
In recent years, there has been some speculation as to whether or not blogs are relevant anymore in the world of digital marketing. Critics claim that as people’s attention spans have become shorter and our daily lives have become busier, blogs are no longer relevant because few people actually take the time to read them.
However, there is an abundance of data that shows that people still have an interest in blogs. Otherwise, social platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, which rely on a “News Feed” wouldn’t have the popularity that they do. In this post, we’ll discuss the reasons why blogging is still highly relevant in the digital world and briefly touch on marketing tips for making your blogs more effective.
Reasons Why Blogging Is Still Relevant in 2019
Convinced blogging is dead? Think again. Here are a few reasons why blogging continues to remain relevant in 2019:
- Blog posts are great for SEO. Blogging is one of the simplest and most effective ways to boost search engine rankings. Written content is still the easiest type of content for search engines to read. Moz sites blog posts as the number one content format that most frequently appears at the top of search engine listings.
- Blogs are still popular on social media. Many people rely on social media for staying current on events and trends and as a way to easily obtain recommendations or information. Blog posts are great content for social media and can be used across many different social platforms.
- Establishes credibility. Blogging is a great way to establish your credibility as a brand and a business. Writing about a specific topic makes you look like an expert in your industry, which leads customers to trust you more.
- Provides a way to communicate with consumers. Blog posts are a great way to interact with your customers and build loyalty. While people may not comment on blogs themselves as much anymore, they certainly comment frequently on social media posts tied to blogs. This gives you a way to easily have a conversation with people who are likely to be potential buyers.
- Gives you feedback on how to direct marketing. Blog posts are a great way to receive feedback on your marketing and discover what your customers are looking for. Blog posts that receive more attention are likely to have appealed more to consumers in some way. Additionally, the comments that people make on posts can give you good insight into what they do or don’t like about your products/services.
For these reasons and more, blogging continues to remain relevant in today’s world. Certainly, blog posts have evolved and changed immensely, but they are by no means irrelevant.
How to Make Sure that Your Blogs Are Effective
In order to make sure that blogs are effective, it’s important to make sure that you’re appealing to current marketing trends. One of the marketing tips that we give businesses who are starting their own blog is to find ways to make blog posts interesting like adding videos and images. Another is to leverage social platforms as a way to maximize visibility. Using social media and email marketing are two of the best ways to make sure that your blog posts get in front of your targeted audience and are ready by the people you want to see them.
Get Started with a Blogging Campaign
Curious to learn more about how blogging can benefit your business? Give us a call! We would love to learn more about your business needs and answer any questions you have or help you get started with your own blogging campaign.